If you have a desire to change your name on your PlayStation Network profile, so there may be some good news on the road.
Because when you look at the patch notes in Unreal Engine 4.14 update, so see it for addition to that there is a specific update, that caters to Sony's online service and, more specifically, to the PSN ID.
Of course, it should be stressed that nothing has been confirmed by Sony yet, but one can only hope that this opportunity will be part of a future system update.
Below you can see the patch notes from Unreal Engine 4.14:
- “Refactored the PlayStation 4 Online Subsystem engine plugin to support PS4 SDK version 4.008.061
- Deprecated the use of “Sce Np Online Id”, replacing it with “Sce NP Account Id”, as per Sony’s recommendation. Online users are now exclusively identified by their “Sce Np Account Id”
- Simplified the handling of unique net IDs across the PS4 online subsystem
- Switched from “Np Toolkit” to “Np Toolkit2” to support the new APIs which work with “Sce NP Account Id”
- Added asynchronous name resolution to convert between “Sce Np Online Id” and “Sce Np Account Id” using Sony’s ID mapper web interface
- For PS4 online users, the “To String” and “Get Bytes” functions in “Unique Net Id” now return the user’s “Sce Np Account Id”
- Previously these functions returned the user’s “Sce Np Online Id”. Any custom online code or services backend will need to handle identifying users by their “Sce Np Account ID” as according to Sony’s recommendations.
- If required, the "Sce Np Online Id" for local users and friends can be obtained via the "Get Display Name" interface in "Online User"
As is evident from the patch notes above, so it seems that any option will only apply to users on the PlayStation 4 Console, but of course one can hope that users on the PS3 and PS Vita also will be given the opportunity to alter their PSN name.